Click on the image for full size version.
Purchase a print of this image!
- Exposure: LRGB - 24x300s:8x300s:8x300s:8x300s
- Luminance binned 1x1, RGB binned 2x2
- Telescope: Stellarvue SV152
- Mount: MI-250 GoTo
- Camera: SBIG ST-10XME CCD, SBIG CFW-10, AstroDon E-Series TruBalance Filters
- Location: Casa Cielo Observatory, Santa Barbara, CA
- Luminance: February 24, 2006, 00:40-03:05 PST
- RB: May 23, 2006, 21:30-22:56 PDT
- G: May 25, 2006, 21:56-22:35 PDT
- Processing: Taken in MaxIm DL v4 using CCD Commander. Reduced in CCDSoft. Aligned sub-frames with RegiStar. Combined sub-exposures with Ray Gralak's Sigma Clip. RGB Color Combine and DDP in MaxIm. RGB gradient removal with Russ Croman's GradientXTerminator. LRGB combine, levels, saturation boost, and selective sharpening/blurring in Photoshop.
- Note: First Light (red and blue frames) for Casa Cielo Observatory!
- Names: M65/NGC3623 and M66/NGC3627
- Type: Spiral Galaxies
- Constellation: Leo
- Distance: about 35 million light-years