Click on image for full size version.
- Exposure: LRGB -
- L binned 1x1, RGB binned 2x2
- RGB Combine Ratios - 1.0:1.0:1.0
- Telescope: Meade 10" LX200 @ f/6.3
(with Ted Agos adapter)
- Mount: Meade field tripod w/ super
- Guiding: AO-7 @ ~40 Hz (Luminance)
- Camera: SBIG ST-2000XM, SBIG CFW-8
- Location: My backyard in Goleta, CA
- Luminance: April 17/18, 2004, 23:36-02:15 PDT
- RGB: April 20, 2004, 21:03-23:45 PDT
- Processing: Taken, and reduced in CCDSoft v5.
Ray Gralak's Sigma Combine. DDP applied to Luminance with custom
software. 3 iterations of CCDSharp deconvolution to luminance
RGB Combine with custom software. Curves, Levels, Saturation
selective bluring, gradient removal applied in Photoshop.
Luminance added in Photoshop.
- Name: NGC3628
- Type: Edge-on Galaxy
- Constellation: Leo
- Distance: 25-35 million light years