Click on the image for full size version.
Purchase a print of this image!
- Exposure: RGB
- All exposures binned 1x1
- R 10x600s, G 10x447s, B 10x720s
- Telescope: Stellarvue SV152 @ f/7.9
- Mount: MI-250 GoTo
- Camera: SBIG ST-10XME CCD, SBIG CFW-8
- SBIG Standard RGB filters
- Location: My backyard in Santa Barbara, CA
- RB: October 10-11, 2005, 23:10-02:56 PDT
- BG: October 13-14, 2005, 22:48-00:58 PDT
- Processing: Taken in MaxIm v4 using CCDCommander. Reduced in CCDSoft. Aligned with RegiStar. Combined sub-exposures with Ray Gralak's Sigma Clip. DDP in MaxIm. Color combine, levels, unsharp mask, selective blur in Photoshop.
- Name: The Bubble Nebula, NGC7635, Sh2-162
- Type: Emission Nebula
- Constellation: Cassiopeia
- Distance: 7100 light years
- Physical Diameter: ~6 light years for the bubble itself